Blog comment and moderation guidelines
We moderate all the comments on this site before they are published. Usually this takes 24 hours during the week, but we can't always guarantee this.
We work hard to convince all our authors of all grades to allow comments on their posts. We want readers to learn something when they read posts, and to be able to take part in a constructive debate about the subject matter.
This relies on all participants being polite and adhering to comment guidelines.
As a rule of thumb before you post a comment think:
Is this on topic, does it add constructive value to the discussion and can Government Veterinary Services (GVS) answer publicly?
If so, we'll approve your comment. If we need to seek further advice we will let you know.
If your comment doesn't appear or is removed, it means the team feel it does not follow the site participation guidelines listed below.
If you have a query about why your contribution has not appeared on the site, or our approach to moderation, please contact us at email@example.com.
- be constructive
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- keep comments concise
We will not approve comments that:
- are off the subject matter of the post
- rant or vent about GVS, terms and conditions, internal processes or colleagues, including naming colleagues
- refer to any current HR or personnel processes, including disciplinary hearings or complaints
- are repetitions from the same user across a number of posts
- use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- include party political messages (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- contain personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Any comments made are the author’s opinion alone and do not represent the views of HM Government.